Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] (newbie) page numbers in header

See page 132ff. (Part III. Customizing DocBook XSLs -> Chapter 11. Print customization examples -> Running headers and footers) of "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide": http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html

You'll want to add a <fo:page-number/> to the appropriate pageclass, sequence, position, etc. There's an invisible table in the headers and footers to allow you to make content appear in the center, right, or left side, depending on whether its odd or even, and so on. Experiment as needed and feel free ask again if you can't get it to do what you need :)

Actually, it wouldn't bore me to hear why you chose a DocBook-based tool chain.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Gier [mailto:thomas.gier@imperia.net]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 9:23 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] (newbie) page numbers in header

Hi,

I'm switching from FrameMaker to DocBook4.2 for my technical
documentation (the reasons why would possibly bore you so I go on with
my question/problem :). The first thing now is to implement my company's
CI in the stylesheets which goes quite well except for the following:

I'm desperately looking for a way to put the page numbers in the header
(as part of our CI).

I've read through "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide", the "FO Parameter
Reference" and but without finding something helpful (I might be missing
the regarding paragraphs, though).

Could somebody please point me to the right direction? An example would
be most appreciated :) ...

Thanks for reading

Thomas Gier

Technical Writer