Subject: Re: website xsl: unused variable (and chunking question)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:55:16 -0700
Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.com> wrote:

<skipped/>

> > 2.
> > I write (not finished) customization layer for Website which
> > allow publications for big DocBook documents (<book/>, <set/>
> > etc). For it I use chunking code from DocBook XSL
> > Stylesheets.
> >
> > Please, tell me, why Website doesn't support chunking and
> > elements for big documents ?
>
> Well, I guess Norm could best answer this since he wrote it.
> But I suspect that it was not the intended purpose of Website.

It's sounds strange since Website is the DocBook customization...

> You can link to HTML documents generated by chunk.xsl
> from the website layout.xml file, so you could build your
> big documents outside of website and just point to them.

I know but this way missing website navigation capabilities.

> Perhaps you would like to use the tabular interface (the
> collapsible table of contents) for a big DocBook document.
> That would be a different style of rendering the DocBook
> table of contents for chunked output.  That would be a
> nice option for chunk.xsl, outside of Website, IMHO.

Thanks! BTW, I finish my customization for Website, it available
at
http://docs.altlinux.ru/releases/xsl/current/website/
or
http://people.altlinux.ru/~vyt/RPM/RPMS/noarch/alt-docs-xsl-0.2-alt1.noarch.rpm
http://people.altlinux.ru/~vyt/RPM/SRPMS/alt-docs-xsl-0.2-alt1.src.rpm

This styles in addition to original Website stylesheets support:
- automatic files collection from
  "graphic|inlinegraphic|imagedata"
  to output dir
- publications of big documents like chunk.xsl but with website
  navigation
- additional step for tuning documents (added unbreakable spaces
  before mdash'es etc)
- publication of photos (with preview and links to big images,
  automatic convertions from big resolution to small)

Makefile for building available at
http://people.altlinux.ru/~vyt/website/Makefile
just
$ make depends; make website