Subject: Re: Request for help with olink target data file and @hrefattribute

> Personally, I am not aware of any PDF viewers that can talk HTTP
> directly.  Acrobat Reader cannot retrieve relative URLs for local
> files unless launched as a plugin for a WWW browser, for example.

Used as a browser plugin was what I thought of.

Of course, I don't really like reading PDF that way myself.  It has a
tendency to bring down my browser, and feels slower than just using
the PDF view.

> PDF links are different from Web links from PDF's point of view; the
> same link cannot be both a PDF link and a Web link in the same file.

What is the expected behaviour from clicking on a web link, as opposed
to a PDF link?

Is clicking on a PDF link expected to open the other PDF document in
the viewer, and position the cursor at the correct spot?  Is clicking
on a web link expected to open the link inside the default web browser
(in effect using it as an external viewer)?