Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using XIncludes to include infosets

> From veillard@redhat.com  Mon Feb  2 13:39:30 2004
> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 04:23:15 -0500
> From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com>
> To: David Tolpin <dvd@davidashen.net>
> Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using XIncludes to include infosets
>
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 01:12:11PM +0400, David Tolpin wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh well, I guess we can all live with entity references for a
> > > lot longer:-)
> >
> > What's wrong with jd.xslt/jd.xinclude?
>
>   David, you're getting really annoying. It is not an implementation
> issue, it's about the specifications ! xpointer() is "just" a Working
> Draft at W3C, no working group is on charge of it. It's status is
> in limbo, and nobody is expected to fix it. The other parts like
> the XPointer Framework made it to REC, but not xpointer().

I am just interested to know whether it is possible to use XInclude
with or without xpointer; the original poster just tried to use
it without and asked why it didn't work; he was advised to use xpointer;
another implementation I know about that supports xpointer (and
seemed to work last time I checked) is jd.xinclude; I've just asked
whether it works indeed or not.

I am being frequentially asked these days to support xinclude in programs
I am delivering; I am trying to find out what tools can be used for it.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/