Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook, LaTeX and PDF

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Joseph Sheehan wrote:

> anyone documented their process, if they have had success?  I know

Yes.

> that HTML is becoming more popular option, but we need a PDF of our
> document.  Is there another way to create a PDF from Docbook other
> than via XSL-FO?  The process will probably work for me eventually,

Yes :)

> I'm just trying to un-confuse myself.

http://db2latex.sourceforge.net

I works quite well, at least for me, you can tweak it a lot if you know a
little XSL and it is free software (There are books written in docbook
formatted using db2latex).

ps: I created it some years ago because I was in your same position, with
no XSL stylesheets to generate LaTeX. Nowadays it is James Devenish who is
doing almost all the work.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ramon.