Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Translation/i18n of DocBook/XML?

Hi,

if you do not insist on a pure open source tool chain, the XLIFF editor
by Heartsome (www.heartsome.net resp.
http://www.heartsome.net/EN/xlfedit.html) might be a solution.
XLIFF editor is able to convert a DocBook XML document into XLIFF
(another XML vocabulary hosted by OASIS - just like DocBook - which
serves for localization purposes) and helps you translating the source
files into any language you want. It also features a translation memory
to recycle existing translation segments, thus reducing the translation
effort considerably. In contrast to other commercial tools such as
TRADOS or TRANSIT, it is a Java application and should run as well under
Linux.
I don't know whether there are any open source tools for translation
purposes that serve equally well; at least I don't no any open source
tool that features translation memories and fuzzy search. Does anybody
else on the list know any of them?

Regards,
Markus Schütz