Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XInclude issue

Thanks for the heads up on the XInclude namespace change.  According to the
latest working draft of XInclude, they are reverting back to using "2001" in
the namespace name rather than the "2003" the previous working draft
introduced. I guess two deprecations make right, in this case.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
To: "Jacques" <jacques@foucry.net>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 12:08 AM

> <xi:include href="intro.xml"
>             xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

As an aside, the namespace is interesting.  I was just about to
suggest that you use (not that it's likely to be the source of your
problem):

http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude

However, if you point a browser at that URL, the W3C states that the
namespace name is deprecated.  The only reason I use the 2003 name is
because xsltproc warns that the 2001 name is dperecated.  Have I
missed something here?