Subject: website and jsp

Hi,

I'd like to use jsp's in my website and I use the website
stylesheets. The problem is I don't know how to embed the jsp tags. I
already made some php and the processing tags works well.

If anyone has some experience with jsp's, thanks to share.

Here is what I did. Thanks for comments.

The solution I found was to use xml tags in jsp. So I don't use <@ or <%
tags, but:

<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html"/>
<jsp:directive.page import="java.util.Date, java.util.Locale, netscape.ldap.*"/>
<jsp:directive.page import="java.text.*"/>

<jsp:declaration>

etc...

The problem then was the root element of the jsp page... I'd like to
have the stylesheets to automatically detect if it's a jsp page or an
xhtml page (yes, I have to use xhtml or jsp's will fail). I did some
tests but did not find how to do this. Thanks for a hint.

So I made this little tricky script (it does the trick but I really
don't like it)

jspfix.sh

#! /bin/sh

for jspfile in $(find -name '*.jsp')
  do
  NBLIGNES=$(( $(wc -l $jspfile | cut -d ' ' -f 1) - 2 ))
  echo '<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"; version="1.2">' \
  > temp.jsp
  echo '  <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>' >> temp.jsp
  echo '  <jsp:text>' >> temp.jsp

  tail -n $NBLIGNES $jspfile >> temp.jsp

  echo '  </jsp:text>' >> temp.jsp
  echo '</jsp:root>' >> temp.jsp
  mv temp.jsp $jspfile
done

If someone has a hint or want to share experience, I'd be glad ;-)

Cheers

--
Arnaud Vandyck