Subject: Table Caption

I've been using the <table> example from "The Definitive Guide", and
can not find a good way to simply have a caption under my table.  The
best way I found (works for both PDF and HTML output) is to simply end
<caption>, and none worked properly.

   ** Also, how can I turn off the automatic table title (?) which
appears above the table in both PDF and HTML output?

Could others please comment on how to best have :

a1  a2 a3  a4

b1  b2  b3  b4

c1  c2  c3  c4

Table 6 : The table above simply shows rows an columns

-----------------------------
I currently have the following :

<tgroup cols="4">
<tbody>

<row>
<entry>a1</entry>
<entry>a2</entry>
<entry>a3</entry>
<entry>a4</entry>
</row>

<row>
<entry>b1</entry>
<entry>b2</entry>
<entry>b3</entry>
<entry>b4</entry>
</row>

<row>
<entry>c1</entry>
<entry>c2</entry>
<entry>c3</entry>
<entry>c4</entry>
</row>

</tbody>

</tgroup>

<para> Table 6 : The table above simply shows rows an columns</para>

Cheers,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler
Postdoctoral Fellow - Stein Lab