Subject: Setting charset attribute of <meta> tag for HTML output

I'm using the /html/chunk.xsl stylesheets, which produce output files that
begin like this:

charset=utf-8"><title>Preface</title><meta name="generator" content="DocBook
XSL Stylesheets V1.67.2"> ...

However, some translations of my document are in other languages.  For
example, I have a Japanese version, for which the charset value in the first

Is this possible?  Thanks.