Subject: static table of contents

I am creating an html page from DocBook using "onechunk"

I would like the table of contents to be located in a left hand section
of the page which does not move as the reader progresses through the
document.

Can this be accomplished with either xsl or css?

Cheers,        Tristan
---
Tristan J. Fiedler
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory