Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] styling titles?

Title: styling titles?
There are two schools of thought on styling chunked content.  One school styles all the chunks the same for consistency, and the other school styles them by position in the document hierarchy.  I don't want to debate the two approaches, but the default in DocBook XSL is the first school (consistency).

But anyone that wants the second school can use CSS to style the h2 elements as you like.  Use the class attributes on the containing <div> elements to create your style selectors, as for example:

div.sect2 h2.title { etc.

DocBook Consulting

From: Webmaster
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 1:23 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] styling titles?

Hello. This is a dumb question.

I'm trying to make my titles look different on the chunked webpages - depending on whether they are the chapter's title, sect1's title, sect2's title, sect3's title or sect4's title, but they are all getting the style of <h2 class="title">.

So Am I to understand that all title are <h2>?

I guess I'm a bit surprised that the sect1, sect2, etc don't get the cooresponding h1, h2, h3, h4, etc... Comments?

Thank you!

LN