Subject: Validate fails with customized profiling

We(docbook newbies) are using catalogs and profiling for our documentation.
There is no problem to generate the correct text, but there seems to be
something wrong because the document will not validate.

More specifically the validation fails for a customized profiling attribute
(http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomProfilingAttr.html).

Why doesn't the document validate with the <para my_param="yes"> but does
validate with
<para arch="x86">?

This is what I have tried (snippets below):
-If I un-comment the "Validating 1" section below I get the error
 "No declaration for attribute my_param of element para"

-If I un-comment the "Validating 2" section below I get the error
 "No declaration for attribute base of element section" a number of times.
What of I have read on this ml, I get these errors because we have the files
on different locations, correct? I tried to remove all xml:base=" ..." in
the document but validation of that document still failed with the error
above ("No declaration for attribute my_param of element para").

XML snippet:
-------------
<para my_param="yes">
  bla bla bla
</para>

<para arch="x86">
  bla bla bla
</para>
----------

Makefile:
------------
xml/book.xml:
	$(ECHO) "Generating" $@
	libxml2-2.6.7/bin/xmllint  \
        --nonet \
        --catalogs \
        --xinclude \
        $(BOOK) > $@

#	$(ECHO) "Validating 1" $@
#	libxml2-2.6.7/bin/xmllint \
#        --nonet \
#        --catalogs \
#        --xinclude \
#        --postvalid \
#        --noout $@

	libxslt-1.1.4/bin/xsltproc \
        --output $@ \
        --stringparam profile.attribute "my_param" \
        --stringparam profile.value "yes" \
        docbook-xsl/profiling/profile.xsl \
        $@

#	$(ECHO) "Validating 2" $@
#	libxml2-2.6.7/bin/xmllint \
#        --nonet \
#        --catalogs \
#        --xinclude \
#        --postvalid \
#        --noout $@

Many thanks to anyone who knows what this docbook-newbie should do
/jens barkvall