Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Validate fails with customized profiling

This is because the DocBook DTD does not declare an attribute called
my_param on the <para> element (or any element). If you want to use the
my_param attribute and get your documents to validate, then you have to
declare the attribute by customizing the DTD. Read more about it here:

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

> This is what I have tried (snippets below):
> -If I un-comment the "Validating 1" section below I get the error
>  "No declaration for attribute my_param of element para"
>
> -If I un-comment the "Validating 2" section below I get the error
>  "No declaration for attribute base of element section" a
> number of times.
> What of I have read on this ml, I get these errors because we
> have the files
> on different locations, correct? I tried to remove all
> xml:base=" ..." in
> the document but validation of that document still failed
> with the error
> above ("No declaration for attribute my_param of element para").

The xml:base attribute was introduced in version 4.3 of the DTD. Are you
perhaps using an older version?

/MJ