Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Html chunked and separate table of contents

Hi Bob,
Le 11 avr. 2005, à 3:35, Bob Stayton a écrit :

> Hi Michèle:
> Your customization is nearly correct, but you should change these:
>
> <xsl:import href="chunk-common-patched.xsl"/>
> <xsl:import href="titlepage-html.xsl"/>
>
> to these:
>
> <xsl:include href="chunk-common-patched.xsl"/>
> <xsl:include href="titlepage-html.xsl"/>
>
> What's the difference?  Import precedence.  When you import your
> customizations to the same file in which you import the stock
> stylesheet,
> then they have the same XSL import precedence.  You want your
> customizations
> to have a higher import precedence than the stock stylesheets, because
> import precedence is what provides the override mechanism.  If you use
> xsl:include, then it is as if those customizations are in the
> db2html.xsl
> file.  They become part of the importing stylesheet, and so have a
> higher
> import precedence.
>
> Your customizations may work as you have written it, but only because
> the
> processor your are using is choosing the last one defined out of the
> set of
> equivalent templates.  Not all processors may do that.
Yes, indeed it seems that it is the case. I did not know that the
behaviour may change between processors. Good to know.

> If you decide you need to also alter the chunking behavior, then you
> will
> have to pay even more attention to import precedence.  See this
> reference
> for an example of how you would customize chunking behavior:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html
Thank you very much for your explanation. I must read over and over
again to grasp that fully, then I'll risk a change in chunking
behaviour.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ceci_est_une_signature_=E9lectronique_PGP?=