Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Why put a section's anchor in its title?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:22:54PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> >It is my opinion that any future xhtml output mode should use (or
> >allow the use of, as an option) id attributes on the container that
> >most closely maps to the source (DocBook) container as an xhtml
> >"anchor".

> This approach is used in the upcoming version of DocBook stylesheets
> that will be implemented in XSLT 2.0.

Will this enhancement also be merged into the XSLT 1.0 version of the
stylesheets?  What is the maintenance plan for that software?

> HTML output is basically working, but not all features (especially
> parameters) from the current stylesheets are backported yet.

Do you mean forward-ported?  :)

> If you are interested in it, take look into xsl2 module in CVS
> repository for DocBook project on SourceForge site.

It looks like XSLT 2.0 is still in Working Draft status, so I'd imagine
that this module is experimental for the time being.  Are we pretty much
restricted to Saxon for XSLT 2.0 support for the time being?

Take care,

    John L. Clark

PGP signature