Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] sgmltag element linking

Jeff M Larkin wrote:
> Hello all.  I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time and
> I've just about given up.  In the docbook guide, elements in the
> reference section are all linked together.  Anything inside an
> <sgmltag></> tag gets linked to that element's reference page.  I'm also
> developing documentation for an XML language and would like to have this
> feature in my documents.  I've looked at the docbook guide code and the
> stylesheets and just can't wrap my hands around what I need to do to
> have this feature in my document.  I'm using docbook-xsl-1.68.1 and
> processing with xsltproc.  Can anyone suggest what I need to modify to
> get the desired linking?

Let's suppose that each element you define is described with section
which has element name incorporated in id attribute:

<section id="element.foobar">
   <title>Foobar element definition</title>
</section>

If you want <sgmltag>foobar</sgmltag> to point to this definition just
add following template into your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="sgmltag">
   <xsl:variable name="href">
     <xsl:call-template name="href.target">
       <xsl:with-param name="object" select="key('id',
concat('element.', .)"/>
     </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:apply-imports/>