Subject: Collecting glossentries in glossary database

For the moment, I use a separate glossary file, targeting via <glossterm
linkend="xxx">...</glossterm> to entries of the glossary. I have set
glossentry.show.acronym=primary, because I really have a lot of acronyms:

  <glossentry id="glo-jaa">
    <glossterm>Joint Aviation Authorities</glossterm>
    <acronym>JAA</acronym>
    <glossdef>
      <para lang="de">Gemeinschaft der europäischen
        Zivilluftfahrtbehörden.</para>
   </glossdef>
  </glossentry>

  <glossentry id="glo-jar">
    <glossterm>Joint Aviation Requirement</glossterm>
    <acronym>JAR</acronym>
    <glossdef>
      <para lang="de">Anforderungen der JAA.</para>
      <glossseealso otherterm="glo-jaa"/>
    </glossdef>
  </glossentry>
<<<<<<<

becomes:

JAA (Joint Aviation       Gemeinschaft der europäischen
Authorities)              Zivilluftfahrtbehörden.

JAR (Joint Aviation       Anforderungen der JAA.
Requirements)             Siehe auch JAA.
<<<<<<<

The result is absolutely fine. But I want to go a step further and want to use the glossary file as database. I read Bob's documentation on that subject (setting the /|glossary.collection|/ parameter,...) and must realize, that it will not work with my glossary, because I use acronym in glossentry and the text in my document uses the acronym term and not the glossterm:

  ...<glossterm linkend="glo-jar">JAR</glossterm>...

I'm asking myself why the stylesheets are only relying on the text node content of glossterm and firstterm (or the |baseform| attribute), and why the stylesheet will not collect the glossary entries by using the linkend attribute (wouldn't this be safer anyway)? Is there a special reason for this?

Can I get this working nevertheless, has someone a solution?

Thanks,
Georges