Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: SGML to XML: Should I switch? How to switch?

Hi,

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr> wrote
>  [...]
> > First, how much do I need to convert my current headers.
>
> Apparently, there is nothing SGML-specific in it, so XML tools will be
> probably happy.

I think, that's not the whole story: XML needs a public _and_ a system identifier in the DOCTYPE declaration. In SGML the system identifier ist optional.
Another issue: The DOCTYPE declaration for DocBook is slightly different in XML than in SGML (there is the word "XML" between DocBook and the version number). You end up with this:

<!DOCTYPE book
  "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";
 [