Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] Stuff ahead of a chapter

Chapters are handled with the same titlepage mechanism as books.  You can
edit the titlepage spec file for the chapter entry to add a mediabobject
element before your title, then regenerate the titlepage templates.  If you
put a mediaobject element in each chapterinfo, it should appear.

Thanks - I'm not sure I understand all the details, but I know what to try now!

Another question that I'm wondering about. I have a series of chapters each with sect1's within them. Some of the sections consist of a running list of examples. I'd like to automatically number these if possible. Is it possible to set up new counters for your own purposes?

E.g.,
chapter
  sect1 - description
  sect1 - Example 1