Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] add_attribut

Hi Isabelle,
As you found, XSLT processors handle wellformed documents as well as valid
documents.  When you add the infoid attribute, your documents may still
process, but they would fail a validation step.  If you open such a document
in a validating XML editor application, for example, it will complain.

You can easily extend the DTD by specifying a new 'common' attribute in the
internal subset of the DTD in your documents, like this:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
                    "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd";
[
<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "infoid  CDATA  #IMPLIED">
]>

A list of discrete values (without the description) would be implemented
like this:

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "infoid  (changed|added|deleted|off)
#IMPLIED">

You can also replace #IMPLIED with a default value.

The %local.common.attrib; parameter entity is declared in the DTD as empty,
ready to be filled in for a customization like this.

DocBook Consulting