Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XML editor

Hi all,

I just have to say that XMLMind editor (XXE) is very powerful because of its real-time CSS2 styling. As it provides for many XXE-specific extensions to CSS (like evaluating XPath expression in CSS generated text), one can do real tricks in highlighting the document structure of interest.

User can also switch between various styles of view during editing - one particular application which now comes on my XML mind is to use it to highlight DocBook profiling information according to various criteria by text background color. At one time I could choose to highlight according to the "userlevel" attribute, then switch to highlighting according to "os" attribute etc.

BTW - haven't anyone already did it? :-)

Best regards

          Tomas Hajek

Tomas Hajek                                               /_________/
Design engineer                                          /  ___  __
Integrated Circuits for Car Radio Applications	        /\ (  / / /
						       /__) \/ / /
						            / /_/
STMicroelectronics
IBC Building                                E-mail: tomas.hajek@st.com
Pobrezni 3                                  Work  : +420 222 336 137
186 00 Praha 8                              Tina  : 139 6137
Czech Republic                              Fax   : +420 222 336 116

Supun Gunasena wrote:

Hi Steve,

Your suggestions sound very interesting.  I have been waiting a long time for a Docbook to WordML and WordML to Docbook stylsheet, or editor that can do this.

I would love for someone to bring out a Docbook editor which is similar to Word.

Right now, I am using XML Mind as my front end editor and other technical writers are finding it very frustrating to use. It is very similar to Word-Perfect back in the day!

Please keep me informed on your latest developments with this front-end editor and stylesheets.

Thanks and regards

Supun Gunasena
Technical Writer

Orion Systems International
Excellence in Health Innovation

Orion Systems International

Skype: skypeID Phone: +64 9 6380600 Fax: +64 9 6380699 Email: Supun.Gunasena@orionhealth.com
2nd Floor, Orion House, cnr Enfield & Mary St, Mt Eden, PO Box 8273, Auckland, New Zealand. http://www.orionhealth.com

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary, or other data protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this to the addressee you are hereby notified that reading, copying or distributing this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please telephone us immediately and remove all copies of it from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.