Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] XML editor with a quesiton about the WordML style sheets

Hello,

Since this thread has been extended, I would like to ask if anyone has
an idea when the WordML to Docbook (vice-versa) style sheets are going
to be finalized. I guess this is related to the next style sheet
release.
Is there some documentation about the concept behind DB to WML/WML to DB
and maybe what the limited subset that Steve talks about below? Should I
just go look in the source? What is the status of the WordML style
sheets in the DocBook CVS?
My primary Goal here is to get the documents out of Word and into
docbook, but being able to go back and forth sounds very nice. It would
be a relief to have a quick and brilliantly thought out, comprehensive
way to do this.

As far as editors go, XML Mind works fine for me. I have never edited
with Oxygen (although I hear that it is excellent).
As a writer, when I look for an editor I look for something that allows
me to see what I'm going to print (digital or hard copy) and something
that allows me to organize what I'm doing before I start writing (for
longer documents) and XML Mind has both with the style and tree views.
If I am documenting in DocBook, then I want a plain text editor as well
so I can modify the code within an xml doc the way I want it. I haven't
encountered this feature in XML Mind but this is the only thing I'm
really missing and can imagine it wouldn't be necessary for a lot of
writers.
@ Tomas: do you know if XML Mind can do the same thing with FO
customization layers, whether it will read FO layers in real time and
use that formatting? That would be very nice.

Thanks,
Scott