Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] newbie question

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your help.
I have been reading the http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ document and I
think I gonna work a little bit longer on it in the future (very interesting
if I want to customize the format of the docbook elements).
For now, and because I am in a hurry with my document delivery deadline, I
have found the following tool that could do more or less what I want:

http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/ (personal edition)

Thank again

Kind Regards

Jean-Guillaume LALANNE
Project Leader/Architect IT Capgemini

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Peter Desjardins [mailto:pdesjardins@supplyscape.com]
Envoyé : mardi 22 novembre 2005 18:12
À : Jean Guillaume LALANNE
Objet : RE: [docbook-apps] newbie question

Here's one of the best sources of information for what you describe.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

I use XMLMind to edit my DocBook content.  In order to generate HTML and
PDF, I use the DocBook XSL stylesheets and two tools.

One tool is the Saxon XSL processor.  This generates either HTML or FO.
The other tool is XEP from RenderX.  This converts FO to either PS or
PDF.

XEP is commercial and it works very well.  You can substitute Apache FOP
for free but you'll see little problems in the resulting PDF.

You should find everything you need at the URL I pasted above.  Once the
excellent XMLMind tool has created DocBook XML for you, let other tools
publish the content.

Of course, this is based on only my limited experience.  Good luck to
you.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation
+1 781 305 8085 x441