Subject: Problems in current snapshot with images and xincludes

Hello again.

It will be difficult to explain. This is a part of my framework structure:

'/home/work/doc_framework/' is the main directory, containing, among
others, the directories 'docs/' (where the sources reside) and
'output-dir/' (where the output pdf is created).

Inside 'docs/' there are a file and a directory with the following
location:

1. 'docs/xml/body/usage/integration.xml' - a xml source, included through
xincludes by the 'usage.xml' file from the parent 'body/' directory, which
is included by the root xml file from the 'docs/' directory.

2. 'docs/xml/body/usage/integration/' - a directory containing the file
'desktop.konqueror.png'

In 'integration.xml' there is this syntax:

<screenshot>
   <mediaobject>
     <imageobject>
       <imagedata fileref="integration/desktop.konqueror.png"/>
     </imageobject>
   </mediaobject>
</screenshot>

Using some previous docbook-xsl files (1.69.0), the image's absolute path
is considered this one (a long line, sorry). The current directory is
'output-dir/'. The paths are reported by xep.

/home/work/doc_framework/output-dir/_IMG_/xml/body/usage/integration/desktop.konqueror.png

The '_IMG_/' part is inserted for me by 'img.src.path' parameter, to act
as a delimiter between the current directory and the image path. Consider
it absent, to get the real path.

Now, using the current snapshot, the error is really ugly.

/home/work/doc_framework/output-dir/xml/body/usage/file:///home/work/doc_framework/output-dir/integration/desktop.konqueror.png

What the 'file:///home/work/doc_framework/output-dir/' part, from the
middle of the line, is doing here?

If I fake an absolute URI in the imagedata tag, by adding a '/' before the
path ('/integration/desktop.konqueror.png'), I get this line:

/home/work/doc_framework/output-dir/_IMG_/xml/body/usage//integration/desktop.konqueror.png

Now, it would seem ok. But the double '//' between 'usage' and
'integration' is caused by my '/' beeing added before the image path. The
question is why the '_IMG_/' part appears, since the path starts with a
'/'?

I am very sorry for not providing more information and a possible
solution. I really do not understand where the 'fileref' attribute is
processed and why the 'file:///' appears.

--
Costin STROIE
Linux Technical Writer
-------------------------------