Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] olink Template Mods Inquiry

Hi Ray,
I'm looking into this, as it is more complicated than it ought to be.  I'll let you know what I find out.

But I think you can get your olinks working with the current output if you replace the entity references in your master olink database file with XIncludes.  That will handle the DOCTYPE that is generated in target.db by the xhtml stylesheet.  See:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkVariations.html#XincludeOlinkdb

Oxygen can handle the XIncludes if that option is turned on.

I'm pretty sure the validation part is not needed, as the stylesheet processor doesn't validate the database file, and doesn't need to in order to work.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 2:24 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] olink Template Mods Inquiry

docbook-rnc-5.0b1 xsl-1.72 oxygen-8.1 (eclipse-3.2.1 plugin)

Utilizing .../xhtml/profile-chunk.xsl

When the olink database is generated, the following declaration:

<!DOCTYPE div

  PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

appears at the top of the document

How can I modify the xsl template(s) to replace this output with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Applying the aforementioned manually and applying couple of mods to …/common/targetdatabase.dtd

<!ELEMENT span ANY >

<!ATTLIST span

   xmlns  CDATA   #IMPLIED

creates a valid olink database.

Lastly, is this document output behavior a development oversight or am I incorrectly configuring/implementing olink database parameters?

Ray