Subject: XML Catalogs, DocBook5 Stylesheets and official URIs

Hi DocBook experts,

at the moment, I am experimenting with DocBook 5 and the DocBook5 XSL
stylesheets (docbook5-xsl-snapshot.zip, see [1]). However, I have
observed some issues with the XML catalogs between the
docbook5-xsl-snapshot.zip and  docbook-xsl-snapshot.zip.

Both catalog.xml files have these entries:

<rewriteURI
 uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/";
 rewritePrefix="./"/>

<rewriteSystem
 systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/";
 rewritePrefix="./"/>

Is this an oversight? According to the above catalog entries I am not able
to distinguish between docbook5-xsl and docbook-xsl. I suspect there is
no such distinction necessary, because in theory, there shouldn't be any
differences. However, in practise there are some (to name the namespace
issue, for example.)

So my question is if there is an "official URI" to distinguish between the
both? Should we have one?

Thanks,
Tom

------