Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] HTML- SVG problem: How to change HTML tags?

There is no "HTML evaluation" to turn off. The XSLT processor does not care
what elements you put in the output. It can be <object>, <data>, or
<whatever>, as long as you keep everything well-formed.

The error message refers to the 'tag' parameter, declared at the beginning
of the process.image template. It is hard to say what the problem is without
seeing your complete customization (+ source XML and SVG).

By the way, are you really sure that the SVG image is not displayed in IE
(using <object>)? Have you tried zooming in/out in the viewport area, using
Adobe SVG Viewer's context menu?

/MJ