Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] refentry or section

I think you're dealing with apples and oranges.

A reference is (I think) designed to be used for reference information,
often presented in a dictionary-style for easy lookup. A reference is a
collection of refentries, similar to a book comprising a bunch of
chapters or articles. In addition to the normal kinds of output like
HTML and PDF, refentries can also be transformed by the standard docbook
xsl stylesheets to create man pages.

By contrast, sections are general-purpose modules that might contain any
kind of information (not just reference info). And they are usually
smaller in scope - for example an article or chapter might be made up of
sections. The analog of a section in a referentry is a refentry.

For more (and better) info, see Norm Walsh's  book,
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html - esp. the chapter on
Creating Docbook Documents.