Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Generating index.xml for an eclipse help plugin

Glad to hear it.

I just tried a few experiments to see if the approach javahelp takes
would work in eclipse. The answer is not really. If you do this (i.e.
having an entry with no targets):

  <entry keyword="foo (see blah)"/>

Then that entry simply doesn't appear in the index. If you try this:

  <entry keyword="foo (see blah)">
	<topic/>
  </entry>

Or

  <entry keyword="foo (see blah)">
	<topic href="#"/>
  </entry>

Then the index doesn't render at all.

This works, but you're left with a dead link in the index (assuming
there's no page named noop):

  <entry keyword="foo (see blah)">
	<topic href="noop"/>
  </entry>

So you _have_ to have a target for every index entry. So I'm not sure
what the right thing to do to support <see> and <seealso> is.

David