Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] character-problem within target-databasefile

Hello Robert,

Looks like UTF-8 all right, but jEdit is not treating it as such. Do a
File, Open... in jEdit and then in the File System Browser, select
Commands, Encoding, UTF-8. Then you should see the characters you
expect.

It's another thing entirely whether dblatex knows how to handle the
results anyway. The result was valid UTF-8, you were just not viewing
it as such, and yet dblatex failed. But you will find out...

HTH,
Jere