Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook testing

In a message dated 2/20/2009 11:00:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, davep@dpawson.co.uk writes:
Keith Fahlgren wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> 1) Run different XSLT processors / configurations on the various stylesheet
>> sets ((X)HTML, FO, man, etc.) and make sure they don't fail.
>
> Smoketests for xsltproc and saxon are now part of the release process.

I like the phrase! guessing it means 'something' is transformed?
Does that mean the entire test suite?
Dave,
Smoke test is a phrase dealing with an immediate failure of a piece of electronics causing rising smoke when it is initially powered up. Akin to "Letting the Smoke out".

In this case is should be a very quick indication of failure or catastrophic failure of the build. It doesn't exhaustively test the system, just a quick indication of go/no go.

Dean Nelson