Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Moving towards docbook

Hi Bram,

congratulations on moving off of Word! That's often a difficult transition.

For the NVDL failure, the schema requires standalone elements to be one of:
start =
   (db.set
    | db.book
    | db.divisions
    | db.components
    | db.navigation.components
    | db.section
    | db.para)
   | (db.sect1 | db.sect2 | db.sect3 | db.sect4 | db.sect5)
   | (db.refentry | db.refsection)
   | (db.refsect1 | db.refsect2 | db.refsect3)
   | db.setindex

The info element should be marked up inside the appropriate elements,
and not a standalone file (XInclude requires these to be valid files).
So the solution is to author the info section within the part instead of
having it as a standalone file.

Another option might be to include this using a file entity reference?
Of course, then you have to have a DOCTYPE DECL at the top of the files
that reference this entity...

The best resource for learning all of the DocBook output options is Bob
Stayton's book: http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

Hope this helps!

--Scott

Scott Hudson
Senior XML Architect

e: scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com
O: 303.542.2146
C: 303.332.1883
F: 303.544.0522

http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com
Vision. Experience. Engineering Excellence.