Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSL Appendix titles

OK, but just for future reference, here is the scoop on appendix *in*
article.
The title is generated from a gentext template located in common/en.xml,
contained in the l:context name="title-numbered" that looks like this:

   <l:template name="article/appendix" text="%n. %t"/>

The gentext template for just name="appendix" looks like this:

   <l:template name="appendix" text="Appendix %n. %t"/>

To add "Appendix" to the appendix in article, you could use the
local.l10n.xml parameter to customize it to:

   <l:template name="article/appendix" text="Appendix %n. %t"/>

That process is described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html

This "article/appendix" gentext template is the only example in the
stylesheets that shows how you can specify a lineage on an element to modify
its gentext output for different contexts.