Subject: row/column borders for HTML tables in FO output

How do you set row borders and/or column borders for all HTML style
tables in FO output? Can it  be done in the stylesheets (for example
in the table properties templates), or do you have to edit the
attributes of all your tables? The latter seems inconvenient for a
large documentation set..

rowsep and colsep attributes on individual table elements are ignored
and also not recognized by the shema. I do however have a rules
attribute with values of all, cols, groups, none, and rows available
on the table element, but these are not recognized by the stylesheet.

I am using FOP and the DocBook 5 stylesheets and docbookxi.rng shcema
embedded with oXygen XML Editor v 10.0.

Best regards,
Bergfrid Skaara