Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ANNOUNCE: DocBook XSL and XSL-NS 1.75.0 released

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Keith Fahlgren wrote, on 07.05.2009 05:55:
>
>> Version 1.75.0 of the DocBook XSL & XSL-NS Stylesheets, for processing
>> DocBook 4 and namespaced (DocBook 5) documents, is now available:
>
> I notice a different behaviour of "epub/bin/db2epub" (release 1.75.0 against
> 1.74.3 resp. snapshot of 04-13):
>
> The new version complains like:
>
> db-templ.xml:31: parser error : Entity 'copy' not defined
>      <holder>&copy; Michael Wiedmann</holder>
>
> about not declared entities, whereas earlier versions processed the same
> file w/o such error (at least IIRC).

Bummer & thanks for testing and the report.

I changed some of the dbtoepub architecture to try to fix this bug
related to XIncludes and named entities:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2750442&group_id=21935&atid=373747

I'm becoming increasingly unhappy with the quality of dbtoepub itself
as an end-user tool, although it's critical for the current testing
framework. Specifically, Ruby doesn't include mature XML libraries in
its standard library, so I'm forced to call out to xmllint. In this
case, I'm running up against my inability to collapse XIncludes,
collapse entities, and validate. I either need to choose --postvalid
(breaks entities) or --valid (breaks XIncludes). I suppose I could do
two steps, but...

In the meantime, you can always get rid of entities before handing off
documents to dbtoepub (--noent). I'll work on a fix now.

Keith