Subject: list pulled out of containing para in html output

Using the 1.72.0 html xsls with para.propagates.style=1 using saxon 6.5 if I do:

<para role="client">Some intro text:
  <itemizedlist>
 <listitem>
   <para>My listitem</para>
 </listitem>
  </itemizedlist>
</para>

In the output, the ul is pulled out of the containing para:

So I lose the ability to use the class to style the text with my css. Is this a bug or some feature I don't understand?

Thanks,
David