Subject: abstract for each chapter? bio page for authors to anthology?

Thanks. By the way, I noticed that in version 5.0 authorblurb was
changed to <personblurb>

Re: my question about  chapter summary/abstract: I see info -->
annotations as a solution. However, it looks like annotations are not
processed by default. I need them to appear at the top of each chapter
and also on a separate  chaptersummarytable.html

Bob Staynton provides an example of how to write an xsl customization
for annotation to process them. But I'm not sure it is applicable to
my case.
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomDb5Xsl.html#AnnotationCustomization

In particular, I'm curious about the annotations in the sample code
and what I'd want to use.
<chapter>
<info>
<annotation annotates="intro" role="instructor.note"> This is an
annotation</annotation>
</info>
<para xml:id="intro">This chapter introduces ...

Every chapter is going to have a chaptersummary, so would I say
role="chaptersummary"? (annotates seems to be to a specific unique id,
but that wouldn't work because each chapter would need to have a
unique ID).

I need annotations to be printed in two different places:
  1. as a formatted paragraph at the top of the  chapter when processed.
  2. as a separate page/html file consisting of a 2 column chart
(chaptertitle, annotation.chaptersummary).

I haven't made an XSL template yet (this is my first time), but 2)
seems to be pretty straightforward. I'm not so sure about 1).  I'm
using an custom.xsl as a customization layer for the docbook xsl which
contains custom parameter values. First line is this:
   <xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl"/>

I assume I need to do something like <xsl:template match="annotation"
where the role = chaptersummary. But how would you make make this
chaptersummary paragraph appear in the chunked html output? I'm
stumped .  What would I need to do: use a different import statement
on my custom.xsl than what I already have? Or would I need to go into
the relevant .xsl file and insert the xsl: template match in the
appropriate context in the file?

Thanks.

Robert Nagle