Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to print only a chapter of a document ?

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Christophe HARO<christophe.haro@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a master document (a book) and many chapters. All are included in the master document with xinclude. I want to print only a chapter and all tocs from the whole document, with right pages numbers, etc. Is there a technique to achieve this ?

Recommended Solution:
Print the whole book, then extract the pages you want (TOC + 1
chapter) in Adobe Acrobat or some other PDF tool.

Explanation:
Docbook content allows for multiple outputs, so it doesn't store the
pagination information as the output such as HTML might not have
physical pages at all. Instead the page numbers are generated based on
the amount of space the text flow takes, so it is not possible to tell
on which page your chapter will be until you print the whole book.

Lech