Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Autodesk Web Help

honyk wrote:
> There is a navigation with well known buttons
> Contents/Index/Search/Favorities, but interesting is also the document
> window. There are small forward, back and top links with the appropriate
> tooltips as well as Show in content, Add to Favorities and Home links. In
> the header there is also clickable full logic path to the given page.
>
> Another feature I like is a tab approach. Division differs from page to
> page, here the content is divided into Concept/Procedure/Quick Reference
> sections.
>
> I think all this is generated using some sophisticated tool, but I can
> imagine to get the same output from my DocBook document.

It's just matter of generating a little bit of fancy Javascript code.
Also while in general I agree that result looks nice, some features are
not general but tied to a specific content -- like this
Concept/Procedure/QuickReference tabs for Autodesk.

In fact for one customer who insisted on using DITA we have modeled
those tabs as separated topics which were linked together using
reltables. Similar functionality could be achieved by DocBook assemblies
currently discussed in DocBook TC.

				Jirka

                   Nejbližší termíny školení
            ** XSLT 19.-22.4. ** XSL-FO 18.-19.5. **
          ** XSLT 2.0 9.6. ** Office Open XML 10.6. **
  http://docbook.cz    Stránky o dokumentačním formátu DocBook
  http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

OpenPGP digital signature