Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Rethinking XSLT 2.0 design

And where the duplication can't be eliminated, the list would indicate the things you should consider eliminating from your local version of DocBook. For example, you would typically pick one of:

 * section/title or section/info/title
 * recursive sections or sect1/sect2/sect3

Well...those are the only two that come to mind, but perhaps there are others. In any case, I think it would be helpful for new adopters if they were told upfront:

1) Making a subset is very encouraged, though not required and
2) When you make your subset,
  a) eliminate one or the other of certain alternative legal ways of doing things to simplify things for your writers (then provide the list)
  b) eliminate elements you don't plan to use (or hide them in the editor, if your editor supports that)

I could even imagine a little DocBook subsetting tool where you make a few choices and then list some inlines you'll never use.

David