Subject: 2x docbook customization questions

Hello everyone,

I am currently starting up a new docbook project, and ran into a few
problems, where I am unable to explain the XSL stylesheet, what I would
love to do.

0) technicals
-------------
I am using:
* emacs with nxml-mode-20041004/
* <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
     "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"; []>
* xsltproc inside cygwin as xsl processor
    docbook-xsl-1.75.2 stylesheets
    custom title page
* xep for pdf rendering

1) ToC -> book/preface, LoT / LoF in book/appendix
I am pretty sure I have done this before, but I cannot remember how. I
would like doc-book to create a Table of Contents (ToC) in the preface
of the book, but move all remaining "summaries" - List of Tables (LoT)
and List of Figures (LoF) etc to the appendix.

I have tried to fiddle with the "generate.toc" parameter, but either i
didnīt find the correct setup or I am mistaken.

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
  appendix  nop
  article   toc,title
  book      toc,title,figure,table,example,equation
  chapter   toc
  part      nop
  preface   nop
  qandadiv  nop
  qandaset  nop
  reference toc,title
  section   nop
  set       toc
  </xsl:param>

2) List of mediaobjects
-----------------------
I wanted to list meta-information about images used within my text.
Creator, source URL, license, ...

First of all I am unsure where I should start. First of all it feels
like a generated "List of ...". But List of figures doesnīt completely
match, was the title-page image is not a numbered figure, but should be
listed.

----------<mediaobject example>-------------------------
     <mediaobject>
       <imageobject>
	<objectinfo>
	  <legalnotice><simpara>Copyright Status: GNU Freie
Dokumentationslizenz</simpara></legalnotice>
	  <releaseinfo>Source URL: <ulink
url="http://commons.wikimedia.org/..."; /></releaseinfo>
	  <othercredit class="graphicdesigner">
	    <surname>Name</surname>
	    <contrib>Fotograf</contrib>
	  </othercredit>
	</objectinfo>
	<imagedata fileref="file.JPG" format="JPG"/>
       </imageobject>
       <textobject>
	<phrase>alternative Displayed Text.</phrase>
       </textobject>
     </mediaobject>

I am hoping, that a summary page about images created by other people is
quite common and that somebody has a "ready" script or a few hints where
to start out.

Thank you for your time,

Jens

P.S.: trying again...