Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] acronyms, abbreviations, definitions

Hi Nathalie,
I once started to implement an acronym expanding xslt with the idea that I could write <acronym>TLA</acronym> and have the first occurrence automatically be expanded to "TLA (Three Letter Acronym)". Things were going fine till I hit "GNU" and ended up with GNU (GNU (GNU (...) is not Unix) is not Unix) ;-)

You might check out the Glossary database feature: http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/GlossDatabase.html

Then you could do <glossterm>UN</glossterm> and have the xslts automatically add a glossentry defining "United Nations"

David