Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Need recommendations for the best modern Linuxbackend tools for DocBook

On 2010-11-23 22:55+0100 Mauritz Jeanson wrote:

> dblatex can produce DVI: http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/.

That sounds like a most interesting approach since it transforms to
latex.  The dvi, PostScript and PDF results are then produced from
that latex source using native latex, dvips, etc. tools which I am
familiar with.  Has anybody compared dblatex results for PostScript
and PDF to what you get with a FOP-based approach? (I will obviously
be doing that comparison myself when I get a chance, but I am curious
about what other's comparisons have shown as well.)

> FOP has a PostScript renderer, but I have never tried it:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/output.html#ps

Thanks for that reference and all the other valuable advice you have
given to help PLplot make a better choice for its backend tools.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science