Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] dbhtml-include and entities

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 21:05, Tim Arnold <Tim.Arnold@sas.com> wrote:
> hi, I'm using dbhtml-include processing instructions (in DocBook5) to
> include some external xhtml files.
>
> Some of these files contain the non-breaking space entity, &nbsp;
> Files containing the entity do not get included in the final html.

Which XSLT processor are you using?  Is there any output pertaining to
the files that aren’t included?

> Is there a way I can define the entity so the stylesheets can include them?
> I put this at the top of my htmlhelp.xsl file:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE stylesheet [
> <!ENTITY nbsp " ">
> ]>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
> etc etc.

If I understand correctly, including the entity in your stylesheet’s
DOCTYPE won’t have any effect.  It will need to be defined in the
files that use it themselves.

Swapping it out for a numeric character reference (‘&#160;’ or ‘&#xA0’
instead of ‘&nbsp;’) should solve the problem, I think, if you can do
that instead.

Aankhen