Subject: Docbook IEEE transformation?

A bit of googling turns up a dearth of information about rendering
IEEE-compliant technical publications.  This quite surprises me.

Are the XSL:FO standard transformations easily IEEE-compliant?  Looking
at one of their PDFs there does not seem to be anything particularly
special or tricksy with their layout.

If there aren't any huge gotchas, perhaps I'll set up a configuration
that complies.

Thanks for any advice, tips, tricks, and warnings
    david