Subject: processing chapters in parallel

Hi,
I have a few large books (~13mb) that I'm processing to html with the
1.76.1 stylesheets. Obviously that takes a while, so I wanted to ask
about what issues will I need to take care of if I process the book
chapter by chapter instead of as one monolithic book.

I have the book.xml, and the separate book_chapter.xml files with an
olinkdb.xml database for the olinks (generated from the book.xml
file).

The two problems I can see so far is that
(1) I won't have a book table of contents and
(2) I'll have to figure out how to pass in each chapter's number to
match the numbers in the generated olinkdb.xml file

These seem like solvable problems. Is there anything I'm missing that
might bite me later on?

thanks for any ideas, information.
--Tim Arnold