Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] generating pdf from DocBook slides

Hi Justus,

> > I've tried to utilize Slides DTD for our training courses but quicky
> > find the element suite too small and hence limiting me.

> Did you use "slides" or "slides-full"? The latter contains essentially
> all of DocBook.

to be honest, your reply was the first place I saw this 'slides-full'
option. And it looks really promising.

FYI to persuade my colleagues to abandon PowerPoint I had to offer them an
acceptable replacement. I had previous experience with Oxygen XML wysiwyg
mode so I used this tool here as well. There was no built-in support for
DocBook Slides (my request is here
http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic5128.html ) and as I was in a hurry,
instead of customizing Oxygen I tweaked the core DocBook.

If I started now (and had enough time), I'd likely use the opposite
approach.

Jan