Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Strategies for Migrating DocBook Customization in a Mixed DB4/5 Environment?

On 17.2.2015 10:27, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> (Of course, I could feed my new DocBook 5 sources into my existing XSL
> customizations. This "works", but it takes too much time because of the
> internal convertion of DocBook 5 to DocBook 4.)

And what about converting V4 documents to V5 (for example with different
filename) prior running DocBook XSL stylesheets? You automate this using
make or ant, only changed files will be converted again and you will
gain significant speed up.

> However, we have some some hefty DocBook XSL customizations; a
> "DocBook XSL Transition Guide" would be helpful. :)
>
> How would you deal with such migration of "old" DocBook 4 XSL
> customization layers?

Adding namespace prefix in front of element names inside XPath
expressions should be enough.

					Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing