Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] A docbook-xsl parameter "bridgehead.renderas"

On 13/03/15 19:14, Richard Hamilton wrote:
Hi Erik,

I don't see anything wrong with the idea, though I'm not sure it
would be widely used (bridgeheads themselves don't seem to be widely
used, though they can be really helpful).

You can enter Feature Requests at
http://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/feature-requests/. You probably need
a sourceforge login, but that's easy and free.

OK. I started doing that, editing the request in the web interface, attaching a file with a patch, but when hitting the Save button nothing happened. Hitting once more: no dice.

Please, instead, find attached a proposed implementation of the feature that I described. It's a customization of the distribution-supplied bridgehead template in fo/sections.xsl. It presumes a newly introduced FO parameter "bridgehead.renderas", to be initially defined as:

    <xsl:param name="bridgehead.renderas"/>

The parameter can be assigned the same values as the "renderas" attribute to the bridgehead element: sect1, sect2, sect3, sect4, sect5.

For any particular bridgehead instance, the setting for its renderas
attribute overrides the setting of the document level parameter.

This stylesheet is provided to the docbook-xsl project as a basis
for a patch, at their discretion. And to everybody to use at liberty.

Greetings,

Erik Leunissen.
--

Best regards, Dick Hamilton ------- XML Press XML for Technical